There you are. It’s 3 a.m. and you’re still wide awake, staring at the ceiling, your phone, or the wall. You simply can’t fall asleep. If you’re having a hard time falling asleep, perhaps this blog post will help you find a solution that can work for you. Of course, some sleep problems are indicative of other medical conditions, so it’s always important to consult a physician.
If sleep escapes you, here are some tips on how to fall asleep:
(1) Listen to meditation music when you go to bed. My recommendation is Zen Radio.
(2) Refrain from drinking caffeine after 12 p.m. If you do need to have a drink, consider a nice glass of milk.
(3) Read a calming book. And, if possible, simply listen to an audiobook.
(4) Take an over-the-counter sleeping aid. Some people take Benadryl.
(5) Ask your partner to massage your feet. Good luck getting them to say yes 🙂
(6) Turn on a noise-canceling device. Check out some ideas at ActiveNoise.
(7) Put your phone on silent mode.
(8) Ensure you have a clean set of sheets and a made bed to crawl into. My favorite set came from Boll and Branch. They’re a little pricey, though.
(9) Have a pillow that works with you, not against you. Love him or hate him, My Pillow really does make the best pillow around.
If you don’t have your health, nothing else really matters in life. And good health can’t be achieved without a good night’s rest. Hopefully, these tips will assist you in your quest to catch more Zzzzzzz’s